Sinemet (Carbidopa/levodopa), likewise called levocarb and co-careldopa, is the mix of the two medicines carbidopa as well as levodopa. This combination medication is used to cure symptoms of Parkinson's condition or Parkinson-like signs and symptoms (such as shakiness, tightness, trouble relocating). Parkinson's condition is assumed to be triggered by also little of a naturally taking place compound (dopamine) in the mind. Levodopa adjustments right into dopamine in the brain, helping to manage activity. Carbidopa stops the break down of levodopa in the blood stream so much more levodopa could enter the brain. Carbidopa could additionally lower a few of levodopa's negative effects such as nausea or vomiting and also vomiting. If you currently take levodopa, you must stop taking it at the very least 12 hrs prior to you start taking Sinemet. Sinemet can be taken regardless of taking food. Take your dosages at normal periods to maintain a consistent quantity of the medicine in your body at all times. Get your prescription filled up prior to you lack medicine totally.Do not crush, chew, damage, or open up a Sinemet pill. Ingest it whole. You could observe that your sweat, pee, or saliva appears dark in color, including red, brown, or black. This is not a hazardous negative effects, however it could cause staining of your garments or bed sheets. Ask for urgent clinical aid in case you have any of these signs of an allergy: hives; problem breathing; swelling of your lips, face, tongue, or throat. You must inform your physician urgently if you have any of these severe adverse effects: restless muscular tissue activities in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck; aggravating of tremors.
Everybody may quickly buy Sinemet online using our website. At the same time you need to take your health with a great care. Attempt to consult with your physician before deciding to purchase Sinemet. Even if you think the details above is enough for you to choose, medical consultation is a must to avoid severe negative results.
Sinemet 250mg Pills (Generic)
Generic Sinemet is used to treat Parkinson symptoms such as muscle stiffness, tremors, spasms, and poor muscle control. This medication is also used to treat Parkinson symptoms caused by carbon monoxide poisoning or manganese intoxication.
The active ingredient in Generic Sinemet, Levodopa is converted to dopamine via the action of a naturally occurring enzyme called DOPA decarboxylase. This occurs both in the peripheral circulation and in the central nervous system after levodopa has crossed the blood brain barrier. Activation of central dopamine receptors improves the symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Generic Sinemet can be taken with or without food. Take your doses at regular intervals to keep a steady amount of the drug in your body at all times.
Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow the pill whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
The regular tablet can be broken or crushed if needed to make it easier to swallow.
To take the orally disintegrating tablet:
- Keep the tablet in its blister pack until you are ready to take the medicine. Open the package and peel back the foil from the tablet blister. Do not push a tablet through the foil or you may damage the tablet.
- Using dry hands, remove the tablet and place it in your mouth. It will begin to dissolve right away.
- Do not swallow the tablet whole. Allow it to dissolve in your mouth without chewing. Swallow several times as the tablet dissolves.
You may notice that your sweat, urine, or saliva appears dark in color, such as red, brown, or black. This is not a harmful side effect, but it may cause staining of your clothes or bed sheets.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck;
- worsening of tremors (uncontrolled shaking);
- high fever, stiff muscles, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, rapid breathing, feeling like you might pass out;
- seizure (convulsions);
- painful or difficult urination;
- severe nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea;
- uneven heart rate or fluttering in your chest;
- confusion, hallucinations, anxiety, agitation, depressed mood, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild nausea, dry mouth, loss of appetite, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation;
- headache, dizziness, drowsiness, blurred vision;
- sneezing, stuffy nose, cough, or other cold symptoms;
- sleep problems (insomnia), strange dreams;
- muscle pain, numbness or tingly feeling; or
- skin rash or itching.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Do not take Generic Sinemet if:
- you have an allergy to Generic Sinemet
- you have any unusual skin lumps or moles which have not been examined by your doctor,
- or if you have ever had skin cancer or melanoma
- you have a type of glaucoma called narrow-angle glaucoma
Avoid taking iron supplements or eating a diet that is high in protein (protein sources include meat, eggs, and cheese). These things can make it harder for your body to digest and absorb carbidopa and levodopa. Talk with your doctor or nutrition counselor about the best foods to eat while you are taking this medication.
If you are unsure of how this medicine will affect you, be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- other Parkinson's medications;
- Generic Maxolon (Reglan);
- isoniazid (Nydrazid);
- phenytoin (Dilantin);
- papaverine (Pavabid, Papacon, Pavagen, Pavacot);
- blood pressure medication;
- an antidepressant such as amitriptyline (Elavil, Vanatrip), doxepin (Sinequan), Generic Nortriptyline (Pamelor), and others; or
- medicines to treat psychiatric disorders, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), haloperidol (Haldol), prochlorperazine (Compazine), risperidone (Risperdal), and others;
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Sinemet.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.