What is Memantine
Memantine offered under the hallmark name Namenda, is recommended to deal with modeate to extreme Alzheimer's disease. Memantine does not heal Alzheimer's condition, however it might boost memory, awareness, and also the capability to carry out everyday functions. Namenda works by blocking the activity of a specific native substance in the brain (glutamate) that is believed to be connected to symptoms of Alzheimer's condition. Take Namenda (Memantine) specifically as it was prescribed for you. amenda could be taken regardless of taking food.You must not squash, eat, damage, or open up an extended-release pill. Ingest it whole. Making swallowing much easier, you may open up the extended-release capsule and spray the medication into a spoonful of applesauce. Take right away without chewing.Do not save the blend for later take. Pour fluid medicine (oral remedy) with the dosing syringe offered, or with a dedicated dose-measuring spoon or medication cup.Do not mix the oral liquid with other liquids. Do not continue utilizing Namenda and call your medical professional promptly if you experience any one of these significant adverse effects: coughing, chest rigidity, fever, trouble breathing; upper body discomfort, rapid heart rate; confusion, hallucinations; unexpected insensitivity or fragility, especially on one side of the body; absence of control; fainting or seizure (convulsions); urinating much less than normal or not.
How to purchase Namenda online
You may conveniently buy Namenda (Memantine) on the internet by using our online medical solution. Nevertheless you should take your treatment with a great care. If you have currently read the direction meticulously and you are sure this drug will eventially help you, constantly keep in mind to consult your physician initially.
Generic Namenda is used to treat moderate to severe dementia of the Alzheimer's type.
Generic Namenda can be taken intact or may be opened, sprinkled on applesauce, and then swallowed. The entire contents of each Generic Namenda should be consumed.
Except when opened and sprinkled on applesauce, as described above, Generic Namenda should be swallowed whole. The capsules should not be divided, chewed, or crushed.
It is important to use Generic Namenda regularly to get the most benefit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using Generic Namenda and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- cough, chest tightness, fever, trouble breathing;
- chest pain, fast heart rate;
- confusion, hallucinations;
- sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
- lack of coordination;
- fainting or seizure (convulsions);
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness; or
- increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, trouble concentrating, chest pain, numbness, seizure).
- Less serious side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, loss of appetite;
- dizziness, tired feeling;
- weight loss;
- swelling in your hands or feet;
- fast heart rate;
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- joint pain;
- anxiety, aggression;
- skin rash;
- redness or swelling of or around your eyes; or
- urinating more than usual.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
Do not use Generic Namenda if you are allergic to memantine.
Before using Generic Namenda, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:
- epilepsy or other seizure disorder;
- liver disease;
- kidney disease; or
- a bladder or kidney infection.
If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take this product.
Before taking Generic Namenda, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs:
- cimetidine (Tagamet);
- nicotine (Commit, Habitrol, Nicoderm, Nicotrol, Nicorette);
- ranitidine (Zantac);
- quinidine (Cardioquin, Quinadex, Quinaglute);
- sodium bicarbonate (Alka-Seltzer, baking soda antacid home remedy);
- antiviral medication such as Generic Symmetrel (Symmetrel) or rimantadine (Flumadine);
- cold or cough medicine that contains dextromethorphan;
- a diuretic (water pill) such as hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ, HydroDiuril, Hyzaar, Lopressor, Vasoretic, Zestoretic) or triamterene (Dyrenium, Maxzide, Dyazide);
- medicine to treat glaucoma, such as Generic Diamox (Diamox), dichlorphenamide (Daranide), or methazolamide (Neptazane, MZM, Glauctabs); or
- an oral diabetes medicine that contains metformin (such as Fortamet, Glucophage, Actoplus Met, Avanda met, Metaglip, Glucovance).
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with Generic Namenda.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the medicine at your next regularly scheduled time. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store Generic Namenda at room temperature away from moisture and heat.