What should I know about Kemadrin (Procyclidine)
Procyclidine known under the brand name Kemadrin is an anticholinergic drug primarily utilized for the treatment of drug-induced parkinsonism, akathisia and intense dystonia; Parkinson condition; as well as idiopathic or secondary dystonia. Kemadrin works by blocking a certain native compound (acetylcholine). This assists lower muscle tightness, sweating and saliva production, as well as aids improve walking capability in individuals with Parkinson's condition. You ought to take this medicine orally, usually 3 to 4 times daily after meals as well as at bedtime or as prescribed by your physician. If you are taking the fluid kind of this medicine, gauge your dose with a dedicated measuring spoon or gadget. You should take this drug frequently in order to obtain one of the most gain from it. To help you keep in mind, take it at the very same times daily. Before taking Kemadrin, tell your physician or pharmacologist if you dislike it; or if you experience other allergic reactions. This product might include non-active ingredients, which could trigger allergies or other problems. Speak to your pharmacologist for more details. Procyclidine must not be used in case you have particular clinical conditions. Before utilizing this drug, consult your medical professional or pharmacist if you have: clog of the bladder, personal or family history of glaucoma (angle-closure kind), blockage of the esophagus/stomach/intestines (e.g., bowel blockage), serious ulcerative colitis, certain muscle condition (myasthenia gravis). Before using this medicine, inform your medical professional or pharmacologist your case history, especially of: alcohol take, breathing problems.
Kemadrin (Procyclidine) Purchase
You could quickly order Kemadrin online using our online pharmacy service. However you must take your treatment carefully. Always keep in mind to talk to your physician first even if you have currently read the direction meticulously and you understand this drug will finally halp you.
Kemadrin 5mg Pills (Generic)
Generic Kemadrin is used to treat the stiffness, tremors, spasms, and poor muscle control of Parkinson's disease. It is also used to treat and prevent these same muscular conditions when they are caused by drugs such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), fluphenazine (Prolixin), perphenazine (Trilafon), and others.
Generic Kemadrin tablets contain the active ingredient procyclidine hydrochloride, which is a type of medicine called an anticholinergic. Anticholinergic medicines (sometimes also called antimuscarinics) work by preventing the activity of a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine.
Take Generic Kemadrin exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
Take each dose with a full glass of water.
Take Generic Kemadrin after meals to lessen stomach upset.
Generic Kemadrin is usually taken three to four times a day. Follow your doctor's instructions.
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking Generic Kemadrin and seek emergency medical attention:
an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
- unusual fever;
- fast or irregular heartbeat;
- anxiety, hallucinations, confusion, hyperactivity, or loss of consciousness;
- agitation, disorientation, or unusual behavior;
- eye pain; or
- a rash.
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take Generic Kemadrin and talk to your doctor if you experience
- a dry mouth,
- large pupils or blurred vision,
- difficulty urinating or constipation,
- upset stomach, or
- decreased sweating.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur.
Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Generic Kemadrin may cause dizziness or blurred vision. If you experience dizziness or blurred vision, avoid these activities.
Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking Generic Kemadrin.
Avoid becoming overheated. Generic Kemadrin may cause decreased sweating. This could lead to heat stroke in hot weather or with vigorous exercise. Try to keep as cool as possible and watch for signs of heat stroke such as decreased sweating, nausea, and dizziness.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all medicines you are taking especially any of the following:
- a tricyclic antidepressant (used to treat depression, pain, or obsessive-compulsive disorders) such as amitriptyline (Elavil, Endep), doxepin (Sinequan), or clomipramine (Anafranil);
- other commonly used tricyclic antidepressants, including amoxapine (Asendin), desipramine (Norpramin), imipramine (Tofranil), Generic Nortriptyline (Pamelor), and protriptyline (Vivactil);
- a phenothiazine (used to treat mania, schizophrenia, other psychiatric conditions, and nausea and vomiting) chlorpromazine (Thorazine), fluphenazine (Prolixin), perphenazine (Trilafon), mesoridazine (Serentil), thioridazine (Mellaril), promazine (Sparine), trifluoperazine (Stelazine), and others;
- an antihistamine such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl, others), chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton, others), triprolidine (Actifed, others), brompheniramine (Dimetapp, others), clemastine (Tavist), and others, (antihistamines are often found in prescription and over-the-counter cold, allergy, and sleep medicines);
- quinidine (Quinora, Quinaglute, Quinidex, Cardioquin);
- amantadine (Symmetrel)
- digoxin (Lanoxin, Lanoxicaps); or
- haloperidol (Haldol).
Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with Generic Kemadrin.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and only take your next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication.
Store Generic Kemadrin at room temperature away from moisture and heat.