Isoptin (Verapamil) Summary
Verapamil, sold under various brand name consisting of Isoptin, is a edication recommended for the treatment of high blood pressure, upper body pain from insufficient blood flow to the heart, as well as supraventricular tachycardia. Isoptin (Verapamil) belongs to a class of drugs referred to as calcium network blockers. This drug acts by loosening up capillary so blood could move extra easily. Verapamil is likewise recommended to stop upper body discomfort (angina). Verapamil could assist to increase your capability to work out and also reduce just how on a regular basis you might get angina strikes. Verapamil is likewise utilized to control your heart rate if you have a fast/irregular heartbeat (such as atrial fibrillation). This drug aids to reduce the heart rate, helping you to feel more comfortable as well as enhance your capability to physical training. Follow all instructions on your prescription label. Your physician could occasionally modify your dose.Do not crush, eat, or damage an ER tablet or capsule. Take it entire. If you have problem ingesting an extended-release pill whole, ask your physician or pharmacologist if it is safe for you to open up the pill and sprinkle the medication into a dose of applesauce making ingesting less complicated. Swallow this mixture immediately without eating.You should not conserve the mixture for later use. Dispose of the vacant pill. Your high blood pressure will certainly need to be checked frequently. Your kidney or liver feature may also should be checked. Major side results include: quick or slow-moving heart rate; feeling like you might lose consciousness; fever, aching throat, as well as headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and also red skin rash; uneasy muscle motions in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck; feeling short of breath, even with mild effort; swelling, quick weight gain; or nausea or vomiting.
You could conveniently purchase Isoptin (Verapamil) on the internet using our online pharmacy solution. Nevertheless you should take your therapy very carefully. Before you make up your mind to order Verapamil, you must discuss this with a medical specialis. Any self-medication together with inappropriate medicine can hurt you seriously.
Isoptin 40mg Pills (Generic)
Isoptin 80mg Pills (Generic)
Isoptin 120mg Pills (Generic)
Generic Isoptin has been used in the treatment of hypertension, angina pectoris, cardiac arrhythmia, and most recently, cluster headaches. It is also an effective preventive medication for migraine. It has also been used as a vasodilator during cryopreservation of blood vessels. It is a class IV antiarrhythmic, more effective than digoxin in controlling ventricular rate.
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
Do not crush, chew, break, or open an extended-release tablet or capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- fast or slow heartbeats;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling, rapid weight gain; or
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- constipation, nausea;
- skin rash or itching;
- dizziness, headache, tired feeling; or
- warmth, itching, redness, or tingly feeling under your skin.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.
You should not use verapamil if you are allergic to it, or if you have certain serious heart conditions such as "sick sinus syndrome" or "AV block" (unless you have a pacemaker), low blood pressure, or if you have recently had a heart attack.
Generic Isoptin may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
Drinking alcohol can further lower your blood pressure and may increase certain side effects of Generic Isoptin.
Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interact with Generic Isoptin and lead to potentially dangerous effects. Discuss the use of grapefruit products with your doctor.
Many drugs can interact with Generic Isoptin. Below is just a partial list. Tell your doctor if you are using:
- buspirone (BuSpar);
- cimetidine (Tagamet);
- Generic Clonidine (Catapres, Clorpres, Kapvay, Nexiclon) or any other blood pressure medications;
- cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune);
- digoxin (digitalis, Lanoxin, Lanoxicaps);
- lithium (Eskalith, LithoBid);
- lovastatin (Mevacor, Advicor) or simvastatin (Zocor, Simcor, Vytorin);
- theophylline (Elixophyllin, Theo-24, Uniphyl);
- an antibiotic such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, Pediazole), rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane, Rifater), or telithromycin (Ketek);
- an antifungal medication such as fluconazole (Diflucan), itraconazole (Sporanox), ketoconazole (Nizoral), or voriconazole (Vfend);
- a beta-blocker such as atenolol (Tenormin), bisoprolol (Zebeta, Generic Ziac), metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol), propranolol (Inderal, InnoPran), sotalol (Betapace), timolol (Blocadren), and others;
- cancer medicine such as cisplatin (Platinol), cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan, Neosar), doxorubicin (Adriamycin), paclitaxel (Taxol), procarbazine (Matulane), vincristine (Oncovin), or vinorelbine (Navelbine);
- cholesterol-lowering drugs such as atorvastatin (Lipitor, Caduet), lovastatin (Mevacor, Altoprev, Advicor), or simvastatin (Zocor, Simcor, Vytorin, Juvisync);
- a heart rhythm medication such as amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone), Generic Norpace (Norpace), flecainide (Tambocor), or quinidine (Quin-G);
- HIV/AIDS medicine such as Generic Atazanavir (Reyataz), delavirdine (Rescriptor), fosamprenavir (Lexiva), indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), or ritonavir (Norvir, Kaletra);
- a sedative such as midazolam (Versed) or triazolam (Halcion); or
- seizure medication such as carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Equetro, Tegretol) or phenobarbital (Solfoton).
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Generic Isoptin.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light. Keep away from children and pets.