Phenytoin, known under the trademark Dilantin to name a few, is an anti-seizure drug. Dilantin (Phenytoin) is used to avoid and manage seizures (additionally called an anticonvulsant or antiepileptic medication). Dilantin (Phenytoin) acts by lowering the spread of seizure activity in the mind. Take Dilantin exactly as suggested by your doctor.You must not crush, chew, damage, or open up an extended-release pill. Take it entire.Never make use of any type of Phenytoin capsule that has actually transformed colors. The chewable pill must be chewed prior to you swallow it. If you are utilizing liquid form Phenytoin, shake the oral suspension (fluid) well right before you measure a dosage. Pour fluid medicine with the dosing syringe offered, or with a dedicated dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup. Obtain urgent medical assistance in case you have any signs of an allergic responses. You could be more probable to have an allergy if you are African-American. Tell about any new or worsening signs to your medical professional, including: state of mind or habits modifications, anxiety, clinical depression, or if you feel perturbed, troubled, aggressive, hyperactive (mentally or physically), or have thoughts concerning suicide or harming yourself. You must call your physician promptly if you have a severe adverse effects pointed out above.
Purchasing Dilantin (Phenytoin) online
Purchasing Phenytoin at our website is very quick and also convenient. But at the same time you should take your therapy with a great care. Even when you believe that information pointed out above suffices to begin taking this medication for healing, you must talk to your medical specialist first.
Dilantin 100mg Pills (Generic)
Generic Dilantin are used for treating certain types of convulsions and seizures. They may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. Although it has been used in many conditions, Phenytoin's only approved use is as an anti-seizure medication, especially to prevent tonic-clonic (grand mal) seizures and complex partial seizures (psychomotor seizures). Phenytoin acts on the brain and nervous system in the treatment of epilepsy. Phenytoin may also be used to prevent and treat seizures occurring during and after neurosurgery.
Generic Dilantin comes as a capsule to take by mouth. It usually is taken two or three times a day. Take Generic Dilantin exactly as directed. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Do not open, crush, or chew capsules; swallow them whole. Continue to take Phenytoin even if you feel well. Do not stop taking Phenytoin without talking to your doctor, especially if you have taken large doses for a long time. Abruptly stopping the drug can cause seizures.
Side effects include:
- Dizziness, drowsiness, difficulty focusing (vision), unsteady gate, tiredness, abnormal involuntary movements, nausea, vomiting, constipation, decreased coordination, involuntary eye movement, mental confusion, slurred speech, abdominal pain, loss of
- insomnia, difficulty swallowing, constipation, stomach pain, loss of taste and appetite, appetite, redness, irritation, bleeding, and swelling of the gums
- muscle twitching, nervousness, headache, and increased hair growth.
Call your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms: Difficulty coordinating movements, skin rash, easy bruising, tiny purple-colored skin spots, bloody nose, slurred speech, unusual bleeding, yellowing of the skin or eyes, dark urine, swollen glands, fever, sore throat.
If you have ever had an allergic reaction to or are sensitive to Phenytoin or similar epilepsy medications such as Peganone or Mesantoin, do not take Phenytoin. Make sure your doctor is aware of any drug reactions you have experienced.
Tell your doctor if you develop a skin rash. If the rash is scale-like, characterized by reddish or purplish spots, or consists of (fluid-filled) blisters, your doctor may stop Phenytoin and prescribe an alternative treatment. If the rash is more like measles, your doctor may have you stop taking Phenytoin until the rash is completely gone.
Because Phenytoin is processed by the liver, people with impaired liver function, older adults, and those who are seriously ill may show early signs of drug poisoning.
Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages while taking Phenytoin. Phenytoin is secreted into breast milk. Nursing is not recommended for persons taking Phenytoin.
It is especially important to check with your doctor before combining Phenytoin with the following:
- Alcohol, Amiodarone (Cordarone), Antacids containing calcium, Blood-thinning drugs such as Coumadin, Chloramphenicol (Chloromycetin), Chlordiazepoxide (Librium)
- Cimetidine (Tagamet), Diazepam (Valium), Dicumarol, Digitoxin (Crystodigin), Disulfiram (Antabuse), Doxycycline (Vibramycin), Estrogens such as Premarin,
- Ethosuximide (Zarontin), Felbamate (Felbatol), Fluoxetine (Prozac), Furosemide (Lasix), Isoniazid (Nydrazid), Major tranquilizers such as Mellaril and Thorazine,
- Methylphenidate (Ritalin) Molindone hydrochloride (Moban), Oral contraceptives, Paroxetine (Paxil), Phenobarbital, Quinidine (Quinidex), Reserpine (Diupres),
- Rifampin (Rifadin), Salicylates such as aspirin, Seizure medications such as Depakene, Depakote, Tegretol, and Zarontin, Steroid drugs such as prednisone (Deltasone), Sucralfate (Carafate), Sulfa drugs such as Gantrisin, Theophylline (Theo-Dur, others), Ticlopidine (Ticlid), Tolbutamide (Orinase),
- Trazodone (Desyrel), Ulcer medications such as Tagamet and Zantac. Phenytoin's metabolism may be affected by other drugs.
- Drugs that can reduce the amount of Phenytoin in the body include Rifampin and Phenobarbital. Drugs that increase Phenytoin concentrations include Amiodarone,
- Chloramphenicol, Cimetidine, Disulfiram, Fluconazole, Fluoxetine, Isoniazid (INH), Omeprazole, and Paroxetine.
The oral absorption of Phenytoin can be reduced by any of the following: antacids containing magnesium, calcium carbonate, or aluminum; calcium salts; or enteral feeding products (tube feedings). Separating the administration of Phenytoin and enteral feeding products, antacids, or calcium salts by at least 2 hours will help avoid this interaction.